Deep Tissue Massage: A firm pressure therapeutic massage. Helps alleviate pain, muscle spasms, stress, inflammation and tissue damage. Great for anyone with soft tissue problems that produce any discomfort or pain.
Sports Massage: A therapeutic massage that includes stretching and compression techniques. Rehabilitates soft tissue dysfunction that can result from physical labour, lifting weights or sports-related injuries. Promotes flexibility, reduces swelling, relieves muscle tension and alleviates muscle fatigue.
Prenatal Massage: A gentle massage geared to relieving the muscle cramps, spasms and pain often encountered in the lower back, neck, hips and legs during pregnancy. Safe semi-reclined and side-to-side body positioning with body prenatal pillows for extra comfort.
Massage Therapy can be used to treat the following conditions:
- inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
- stress relief and associated conditions
- muscle and related conditions ie. spasms, strains and sprains
- back and neck pain
- repetitive strain injury
- circulatory and respiratory problems
- pregnancy and labour discomfort
- post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation
- many other conditions
The Benefits of Massage
Current research is beginning to validate what most clients already know about massage therapy: it can help ease or prevent many common ailments that are often treated with prescription drugs and/or hospitalization. Massage therapy is based on the ability of the body to naturally heal itself.
Massage has been shown to:
- decrease stress
- increase circulation
- release muscle tension
- improve joint range of motion and flexibility
- release endorphins
- diminish aches and pains
- reduce anxiety and depression associated with anorexia, bulimia, post traumatic stress disorder and chronic fatigue syndrome
Therapeutic massage is an important part of your health maintenance plan.
A registered massage therapist is a regulated health professional who has received two to three years of comprehensive training in health sciences, physiology, pathology, anatomy and over 2200 hours of hands on training.
Notes about your visit:
- First visits please arrive fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled treatment to allow time for completing a health history form and an initial health assessment
- a 24 hour cancellation policy is strictly enforced – a 100% no show fee will be implemented
- following any body treatment, we recommend drinking one glass of water and refrain from participating in vigorous activity for at least one hour
Fees for massage (HST included):
45 minute massage – $90.00
60 minute massage – $108.00
75 minute massage – $140.00
60 minute cupping – $108.00